Friday, April 25, 2008

What Does Gratitude Mean to You?

When Deanna asked me to be the guest blogger today, writing about "What Does Gratitude Mean To Me?"--I was touched by it and it has certainly made me think for the last few days.

I discovered JDDesigns, Deanna and Judy through an article in the Litchfield County Times Magazine last year. I loved what they were doing and had to say.

I have discovered so much on my journey, new people and places, foods, sounds and so much more. I have also had to let go of some things, to move on from them and give myself room to grow even with it being very hard to do. We sometimes hold on to things from our past that no longer serve us, are no longer useful because they are a known, a comfort to us and they may have outlived what they add to our life. Whether it is a job, a friendship, an acquaintance, old mail or articles, magazines we "may" need one day or even an article of clothing, it is not an easy thing to give up. Yet sometimes the things that seem hardest to do makes such a big impact on what and how we feel. The little act of giving up something that no longer serves a purpose may free us in so many other ways in our existence. I have learned much, grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years, come out of the dark if you will, in to a light that I had no idea existed. It is there for all of us, if we just open our hearts and minds to it.

Hay House, its authors and http://www.hayhouseradio.com/ have had a huge impact on me. Rhonda Byrne's "The Secret" has taught me much and I continue to grow each day with wonderful teachers, new friends, new tools to work with and so much more.

So to me, gratitude is a blessing, it is a gift that never ends--a circle if you will, it is small sign of Grace when we are down. It is becoming aware and getting to know people like Deanna and Judy, their company and the kind of people they are. It is a new appreciation for friends and for life itself. Gratitude is an attitude that makes all things better and as James Arthur Ray mentioned in "The Secret", I begin and end each day with a few minutes of silent thank you prayers, being grateful for my day, each and every day.

I am most grateful for the opportunity to be the guest blogger today, may you all find and feel gratitude in all that you do each day. I do.

Walt Shepardson

No comments: