Friday, April 18, 2008

" SPIRITUALITY "

WHAT'S THE MOMENT THAT DEFINED SPIRITUALITY FOR YOU?

This question was asked in the May issue of O magazine. I had to really think about the question. I believe spirituality comes from being a loving, compassionate, and caring person. It means being open to someone else's concerns, hopes, and dreams.

What moment defined spirituality for me?

The night my husband Wayne passed away; that moment defined or perhaps confirmed spirituality for me. As I stroked his hair, held his hand, and kissed his lips I knew at that moment he was going to be alright. Each day as I move through life I feel him by my side stroking my hair, holding my hand, kissing my lips and whispering in my ear "I'm here with you and everything is going to be alright".

My question to you....What's your defining moment?

Judy

1 comment:

Waltshep said...

What defined spirituality for me was growing up in a Catholic home and knowing all prayers... including the Priest's prayers by heart...even some Latin that I still remember...but yet not feeling close to God...

I found spirituality in a different way...through my own silent prayers...in little signs of Grace along my journey that appear when needed most...from the friends I have made...the authors I have read...the different opinions...

To me spirituality is an attitude...a giving back...it is
a gratitude for life...a deep appreciation of what we have and knowing that we matter too in our intentions...even if we are not in a formal religious setting...

Judy your words touch me...make me reflect...I am sorry for your loss and you have seen things in the right way...Wayne is and always will be with you...a part of you...