Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!


WOW! What a fabulously unexpected warm sunny day here! I had a wonderful day spending time with my daughter. We ran some errands and took time to go in to the Harbor area of one of our local towns to walk with the dog and get some ice cream. It was just delightful.

My husband and I took her to this area Thursday evening. Thursday was also a beautiful day. I was amazed at how warm it was by the water. It made me yearn for summer. I remember saying to him as we were walking the dog looking out at the beautiful scene before us, that it was remarkable to me how much appreciation I had for what I was seeing at that moment. I thought it was funny how I looked off in the distance almost in awe at what I saw and the warmth that I felt. I then said, "Isn't it a shame that once the summer gets rolling we don't see or appreciate this in the same way?" We get busy and it becomes common place.

I made sure to take the time to appreciate it that day and today and breathe it in.

As Spring is blooming take the time to be grateful for these moments. The earth is in a re-birth. Stop to take a few minutes to appreciate that beauty.

Have a fabulous weekend!

In gratitude,
Deanna

No comments: