Monday, April 21, 2008

Gratitude for the Beauty of Nature

I am so grateful today to have just returned home from a delightful Maine getaway. We were definitely in need of a battery recharge after many months of stress and working long days and hours.

My husband and I have found our beautiful place in the world that brings us to peace--the Southern Coast of Maine.

I was speaking with Judy on the phone this morning describing this awesome weekend of family reconnecting, resting, and enjoying life and I found it difficult to describe how we feel when we visit. As best I can describe it, when I stand on the unbelievablely rocky coast of Maine, whether it's at the Portland Head Light House, beautiful Kennebunkport or the breathtaking marginal way in Ogunquit, I feel a revived sense of spirituality and a closer connection to God.

It's truly amazing and literally takes my breath away. It's the only place we have ever gone that my husband is instantly relaxed and at peace. The stress just washes away.

We are so grateful to be able to have this quality time as a family and appreciate the beauty of this incredible slice of nature.

I know many of my friends were traveling for the school break, so I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and recharged your batteries.

Happy Monday!
Deanna
P.S. I hope you enjoy these photos that I took at dusk from the Portland Head Light House. :--)

1 comment:

Waltshep said...

You visited one of the most serene and beautiful places on earth...a wonderful area to relax and recharge the batteries...I love it there...get inspired there and draw energy from it still...

Thank you for reminding me about it Deanna...I am reenergized from the picture and your words...