Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Taking Time for Yourself


Today's thought is simple...take time for yourself. We've all heard the idea that we aren't any good to anyone if we don't take care of ourselves. I've been victim of this lately...running myself into the ground just to keep up. Well--it will stop because I am conscious of it and I can make a change.

I am now looking my week as I plan ahead and trying to see where I can find little pockets of time to take care of myself. Just sitting at my computer yesterday I took a few minutes to do some deep breathing--it felt so good!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a pilates addict. I usually take classes at the gym 3 times a week and then practice at home on other days. I love the physical results, but I also love the mind body connection. When I am in that room for an hour--it's all about me and my mindfulness. For you that could be yoga, meditation, running or just sitting on a park bench...just make sure to take that time for yourself.

Deanna

No comments: