Saturday, May 24, 2008

You are Responsible


I've been trying to be very mindful each morning on how to start my day. I take a few quiet moments to myself with my cup of coffee to be mindful of how I'd like my day to be.

As I was at my desk, I popped open my Wayne Dyer "Inner Peace Cards" and how appropriate, this is the one staring right at me:

"I am responsible for the day I create for myself. The choice is up to you. It can either be "Good morning, God!" or "Good God--morning!"

Each day as I get Faith off to school I ask her what kind of day she is going to have. She usually (now trained) responds with a booming, "GREAT!" Some days she says in a kind of ho hum way, "Good" and I say "Just good?" She responds "No mommy, GREAT!!" I am then excited for her and feel that she has her best foot forward walking into school.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Take the time to relax and enjoy.

In gratitude and peace,
Deanna

P.S. Thought you might enjoy a picture of me and my sister, my best friend, at her annual Memorial Day picnic. I can't wait until tomorrow!

No comments: