Friday, May 9, 2008

One with Now


Being one with Now

Last September one of my dearest friends gave me the book A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. My friend truly connected with Tolle’s message so I was excited to start reading the book. I read the first chapter and didn’t pick it up again until last week. Since A New Earth is on Oprah’s Book Club I thought now would be a good time to see what all the hype is about.

Tolle wants to take us beyond our own lives to show that now we have an opportunity to birth a new, more loving world. This involves a radical inner leap of consciousness from the current identification with our ego to an entirely new way of thinking about who we are.


Well, the verdict is still out. I’m only half way through the book and to be honest…I’m not sure I grasp his message. Due to some personal inner struggles there was one paragraph that resonated with me…

How to be at peace now? By making peace with the present moment. The present moment is the field on which the game of life happens. It cannot happen anywhere else. Once you have made peace with the present moment, see what happens, what can you do or choose to do, or rather what life does through you. There are three words that convey the secret of the art of living, the secret of all success and happiness: One With Life, Being one with life is being one with Now. You then realize that you don’t live your life, but life lives you. Life is the dancer, and you are the dance.

At this moment I’m being one with Now…..

Judy

1 comment:

Walt-New York said...

Judy I understand just how you feel about Tolle...a very close friend gave it to me as a gift...another friend had given me one of his previous books to read as well and it just did not resonate or speak to me...

A lot of times the universe brings contrast in to our lives as well as teachers...so we can work with the things that speak to our hearts...

There is a wealth of information from amazing teachers available to us and not grasping one is nothing to be concerned with...it is not about questioning the one...it is about being on the path during your journey and from my perspective you are doing great...

Continued success...growth and peace for you...