Thursday, May 15, 2008

Growing Pains


I have been in a pattern of growth for the past several years. I have embraced a new life philosophy and continue to learn each day. Some days it seems painful! I'm learning and dealing and dealing and learning.

I was listening to Harmonic Wealth today by James Arthur Ray. He says that your results are a reflection of you. You must grow to gain. When you have bigger gain, it presents bigger challenges. Success is messy, but so is life. It really struck me when he said that we grow the most when we are on the border of chaos and order. Wow! Did that speak to me!

I always joke with people that my life is organized (depending on the day) chaos. I have my business which I love! I help my husband with his business...both businesses--mine the baby, his 50+ years young--are in extreme growth patterns. Somedays it's quite a challenge! I have my family, my home, and everything else I seem to get pulled into to manage. Somedays it seems too much, although I would be bored without it.

When I was in high school, I worked for my uncle who was an internal medicine doctor. We had a pharmaceutical rep whose name was Tony. He was the best and would always come in an pull up a chair to chat...those were the good old days...it's not like that anymore! I will never forget what he told me one day when I was stressed and tired from school and work. He told me that I was someone who needed to constantly be busy and challenged because I thrived on it and could handle it. Without it you'll be bored he said! He was right and I will never forget it!

Right now I'm growing and dealing and dealing and growing...but knowing that I am growing to gain makes it better!

Think about your life. Are you in a period of growth? Can you remember such a time? What did you learn? What was at the end of the tunnel?

Some thoughts to ponder.

In gratitude & growth!
Deanna

No comments: