Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


I wish you all a Happy Mother's Day! Whether you are a mom, aunt, godmother, or just a motherly friend--you should celebrate today!

The sun is shining and the air is warm. What a beautiful day it is!

I found this poem below that resonated with me about the cycle of mothers and daughters and daughters and mothers. Enjoy and be blessed today.

Mothers and daughters
Were daughters and mothers
Not so long ago.
We give and take
And take and give
Along time's endless row.
Love is passed
And love received
To be passed on again:
A precious heirloom
Twice, twice blessed,
A spiritual cardigan.

I'll put it on
And treasure it,
The me I have received,
And when the roles
Reverse again,
I'll have what I most need.

So may our love
Go on and on,
A hundred thousand years;
Mothers and daughters,
Daughters and mothers,
Through joys and other tears.


Deanna

No comments: