Friday, May 16, 2008

Perserverance and Determination


My sister gave me a deck of inspirational thought cards a few years back. (She gives great gifts and cards, huh?)

I was sitting at my computer today working on the finishing touches for our latest newsletter and I decided to pull one out. Here's what I got:

Goddess of Perserverance

I ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING I PUT MY MIND TO.

Use this gift when you doubt your intelligence, your memory, or your ability to achieve your goals. Your situation is largely the result of how well you blend your logical and intuitive faculties to direct your actions. Several times a day, focus with relaxed concentration on the mental image of something you would like see come into being.

I have to say that I am someone with strong peserverance. When I put my mind to something I do it. (I am weak in the patience area!) I think however, that so much is a mind/body connection--for example, if you are trying to get in shape or lose weight--you can't have thoughts that you are fat and expect to be slim. The thoughts cancel each other out. I know--it's hard you say! It's a matter of conditioning and training your mind to connect with your body. It certainly doesn't happen overnight!

Perservere and you will see results with whatever you put your mind to doing!

In gratitude,
Deanna

1 comment:

KRT said...

This moring as I text my daily message to my friends "positive energy buddies." I added another friend knowing she has had a lot of stress lately. She replied to my message "U make me smile...I am thankful 4U." Not only did I brighten her day. She brightened mine.