Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Morning Gratitude


I read a really great article this morning on Gratitude and why it's so special.

We are taught from a young age to say please and thank you when we are given something, when someone helps us, etc. It becomes a habit, an involuntary action. It almost is as if we say it and loose a little of its meaning.

If you sat down and thought about (or better yet wrote down) all the things you are grateful for--your spouse, your pet, your home, and on and on, you would feel very full and realize how much you have in your life. I enjoy the days that are tough and I have to dig deep for the gratitude--such as I'm grateful for my air conditioning on a hot day, the heat on a cold day, being able to drive myself to where I need to go--it goes on. It's on these days that you really dig out those not so obvious things and make a shift.

In the article, I found it really interesting when the author talked about a rainy day. Instead of looking at the rainy day and being miserable because it's wet, damp, and dark--think about what that rain does to the earth, the grass, the trees, etc. and how much will grow after it. What a great way to look at a rainy day!

In gratitude,
Deanna

No comments: